Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k — Mon-Thu
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for helping to build the Vermont Smoke and Cure (VS&C) Maintenance programs. Responsible for maintaining Plant equipment and facility to ensure reliable and efficient operation in support of the production and distribution teams. Works to support the Production and Quality Teams to increase safety, quality, up-time, and efficiency. The position focuses on preventative, autonomous, predictive, reliability improvement and emergency repairs and continuous improvement to meet company goals, including safety, quality and operational performance targets.
|Shifts:||Day, Night & Overnight|
|Reports To:||Maintenance Supervisor|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
- General and specific responsibilities for Vermont Smoke and Cure Food Safety and Quality Systems and Programs. Ensure the Food Safety and Quality standards of the Company are consistently maintained.
- Hold non-conforming product and equipment.
- Follow QMS standards, policies and procedures
- Provides technical coverage in the absence of other Maintenance Technicians and the Maintenance Manager
- Improves the safety and health standards in all processes and practices.
- Works to support the production teams to continuously improves production up-time, efficiency and process effectiveness
- Perform Preventive Maintenance work as assigned by Maintenance Manager
- Log work and inventory consumption in CMMS
- All other duties as assigned and directed.
- Previous vocation or training in a mechanical or electrical environment, manufacturing and /or food processing preferred but not absolutely necessary. Will train the right candidate.
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full time position. Standard hours of work are 6:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Thursday, but the position is on call and could be called back to the plant during off-duty hours. Flexibility for evenings and weekends, with at least a half-weekend day every other weekend.
High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.