Vermont Smoke and Cure is GROWING and we want you to be a part of our journey! If you want to be a part of a small company, enjoy working as part of a team, and love a challenge, you’re a great fit!
At Vermont Smoke & Cure, we’ve been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats using humanely raised meats and simple local ingredients since 1962. We make everything right here in the hills of Vermont. Our Members are the heart of our organization and our growth requires quality-minded, productive, engaged, and reliable people to join our staff. We have several open positions, apply and we can chat about what you’re looking for!
Packaging Operators are responsible for sorting, packaging and weighing the quality Vermont Smoke and Cure products made by our manufacturing team members. You’ll play an important role ensuring every product that leaves our facility meets our high-quality standards.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Location: Hinesburg, VT
- Shifts: Day, Night & Overnight
- Salary: From $15.50/hour
- Bonuses: Available
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Why This is a Great Job...
You Get to...
- Develop your personal and professional skills on a continuous basis to ensure you are fully developing your talents
- Consistently manufacture “great tasting” products according to specifications that are enjoyed by millions of people around the world
- Be a part in making Vermont Smoke and Cure the Best Company in the World
- Act like an owner: create ideas, own projects, lead other members and etc.
- High school education or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in manufacturing
Skills & Competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to complete production documentation paperwork accurately
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Maintain all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Take ownership for your own personal safety and the safety of all Members working around you
- Ability and openness to work in other production line/rooms.
- Willing to work in a refrigerated environment (less than 40 degrees)
- Necessity and ability to learn and share learning with others