Reports to Supply Chain Coordinator
About Vermont Smoke & Cure
Vermont Smoke and Cure is GROWING and we want you to be a part of our journey! If you want to be a part of a small company, enjoy working as part of a team, and love a challenge, you’re a great fit!
At Vermont Smoke & Cure, we’ve been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats using humanely raised meats and simple local ingredients since 1962. We make everything right here in the hills of Vermont. Our Members are the heart of our organization and our growth requires quality-minded, productive, engaged, and reliable people to join our staff. We have several open positions, apply and we can chat about what you’re looking for!
A Material Handler handles, moves, and stores various non-hazardous and hazardous materials within a warehouse. Their main duties include loading and unloading different transport items, recording inventory statuses, and making sure deliveries properly match purchase orders.
- Work as part of the Shipping and Receiving team
- Ability to take ownership of own and other Members’ safety
- Experience working in a shipping/warehouse environment
- Must be willing to work in cold working conditions
- Experienced forklift operation and ability to obtain forklift certification
- Proactive team player
- Meet customers’ needs and expectations
- Ability to demonstrate The Vermont Way
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs.
- Possess unending commitment to personal and professional development thru technical/non-technical training efforts
- Member must be highly motivated, willingness to provide/share ideas and solutions, and possess a high level of expectations
- Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Move materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and manufacturing areas
- Stage materials for the production lines based on the production schedule using FIFO
- Identify and label materials, and record their locations in the warehouse/on the shelves to maintain inventory
- Prepare finished products for shipment by identifying their location, then pulling, packing, and loading them
- Operate forklifts to move freight
- Perform and report cycle counts
- Comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines
- Work with render company on disposing of render materials
- Must be able to work well in a team
- Ability to read, write and to follow instructions, and work independently with little guidance
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend and to lift heavy materials
- Ability to operate computers and relevant warehouse management computer software
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including overtime and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 years of experience working in a warehouse setting or in logistics; experience in operating material handling equipment preferred
- Certification to ride forklift truck preferred
- Able to lift up to 60lbs., and/or 25lbs repeatedly.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to stand during full shift.
- Work in 38-degree F and often wet environment.
- Members will flex to the work, as needed.
- Able to understand and communicate in English.
- Visual ability to discern quality and cleanliness.
- Ability to follow food safety and workplace safety requirements.
Waterproof boots and smocks will be provided as needed.
Vermont Smoke & Cure employees and teams are committed to social and environmental goals which are determined on a yearly basis.
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.