Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k — Mon-Thu & Fri-Sun Schedules
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
Work as part of the Shipping and Receiving team to move and store various non-hazardous and hazardous materials within a warehouse. Main duties include loading and unloading different transport items, recording inventory statuses, and making sure deliveries properly match purchase orders.
|Shifts:||Day, Night & Overnight|
|Reports To:||Supply Chain Coordinator|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
You Get to...
- Develop and hone your skill set
- Manufacture great tasting products enjoyed by millions around the world
- Be accountable for creating ideas, owning projects, and leading others.
Major Job Responsibilities
Load and unload incoming and outgoing materials and products
- Move materials to and from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and manufacturing areas
- Stage materials for the production lines based on the production schedule using FIFO
- Maintain inventory by identifying and labeling materials, and recording locations in the warehouse/ the shelves
- Prepare finished products for shipment by identifying location, then pulling, packing, and loading
- Operate forklifts to move freight
- Perform and report cycle counts
- Comply with all warehouse safety rules and guidelines
- Work with render company on disposing of render materials
- Follow QMS standards, policies, and procedures
High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-5 years of experience working in a warehouse setting or in logistics; experience in operating material handling equipment preferred
- Certification to ride forklift truck preferred; willing/able to obtain forklift certification
- Must be able to work in cold working conditions
- Ability to operate computers and relevant warehouse management computer software
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions
- Ability to work independently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The mental and physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Regularly required to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly bend and lift up to 60 lbs. and/or 25 lbs. repeatedly
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Regularly required to visually observe objects up close and at a distance
- Regularly requires hands to handle or feel and finger dexterity
- Ability to work in 38° Fahrenheit temperature
Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills
- Learn and apply new information or skills
- Regularly required to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy when interacting with the team
- Ability to visually discern quality and cleanliness and follow food/workplace safety requirements
Work is primarily performed in a warehouse/manufacturing plant.
- English is the primary language; training materials are written in English. For individuals who do not speak English as their primary language, translation will be provided.
Interested in joining our team? Email your resumé. Don’t have a resumé? Call (802) 482-4888 or submit our form. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.