At Vermont Smoke & Cure, we’ve been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats and meat snacks since 1962. We use humanely raised meats, whenever possible, and simple, local ingredients like Vermont maple syrup and apple cider, combined with the highest quality spices and herbs like tamarind and quarter crack pepper.
Our team of employee-owners makes everything in our smokehouse right here in the hills of Vermont. We pride ourselves on being a good neighbor and valuable partner to our local farmers. This is simply the way we do business – and the beauty is, it all combines to create the finest flavor in every bite.
- Learn and follow Safe Quality Food (SQF) Good Manufacturing Practices, personnel safety and business guidelines.
- General and specific responsibilities for Vermont Smoke and Cure Food Safety and Food Quality Systems and Programs.
- Put on “Hold” non-conforming product and equipment.
- Learn/follow QMS standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide coverage in the absence of other team members, as directed by the Room Leads, Production Supervisor, or Plant Manager.
- Comply with all company rules and procedures.
- Learn from production leaders and follow directions.
- Work as part of a team and under the direct supervision of the Room Leader and Assistant Room Leader, with packaged fresh and/or cooked meats.
- Use machinery that packages and boxes.
- Conscientious – pays attention and strives to meet quality standards efficiently.
- Strong work ethic. Looks for ways to help as an individual and as part of a team.
- Builds trusting relationships with team members; can be counted on.
- Some experience working in a production environment, ideally with food or involving mechanical equipment preferred.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Able to lift to 60lbs., and/or 25lbs repeatedly.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to stand during full shift.
- Able to understand and communicate in English.
- Visual ability to discern quality and cleanliness.
- Ability to follow food safety and workplace safety requirements.
- Work a flexible schedule, up to 30 hours per week.
Waterproof boots and smocks will be provided as needed.
Vermont Smoke & Cure employees and teams are committed to social and environmental goals which are determined on a yearly basis. Goals include targets for reducing intensity of energy use, solid waste generation and water use.
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.