Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k — Mon-Thu & Fri-Sun Schedules
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
Assists in ensuring quality during all phases of production. Executes programs and activities within the quality assurance function, ensuring adherence to policies, programs and standards. Participates in the implementation and administration of quality management systems and monitors progress against strategic quality-related goals. Works to lead continuous improvement efforts for processes or products.
|Shifts:||Day, Night & Overnight|
|Reports To:||Quality Assurance Manager|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
You Get to...
- Develop and hone your skill set
- Manufacture great tasting products enjoyed by millions around the world
- Be accountable for creating ideas, owning projects, and leading others.
Major Job Responsibilities
Hold non-conforming product and equipment and create records of non-conforming product and/or equipment.
- Conduct audits in GMP compliance and facility condition, perform trending and recommendations for improvement.
- Perform record review, data entry, and analysis of batch records and process monitoring records.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the Sanitation Program by performing operational and environmental monitoring of processing areas and tools, including microbiological and ATP sampling and analysis. Monitor for trends and lead corrective action.
- Facilitate VSC training program in compliance with company policies and procedures of VSC’s Food Safety and Quality systems.
- Develop and maintain procedures associated with the Food Safety and Quality systems, including HACCP Plans, Pre-Requisite Programs, and supporting documentation.
- Contributes as a member in the company’s HACCP, Food Defense, and Crisis Management Teams.
- Perform the analytical and microbiological sampling and testing of ingredients, process, and finished products.
- Follow QMS standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Following is a list of pre-requisites needed to ensure successful job performance:
Degree in engineering or related scientific field preferred
- Practical knowledge of regulatory, SQF, HACCP, GFSI and other applicable standards desired
- Experience with inspection and testing equipment, tool accuracy and tolerance
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Quality Assurance, food manufacturing preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Strong Competencies in the following areas:
- Problem-solving yielding practical solutions
- Attention to detail
- Process management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The mental and physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Regularly required to sit, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly required to talk and hear
Regularly required to visually observe objects up close and at a distance
- Regularly requires hands to handle or feel and finger dexterity
- Occasionally required to reach or bend
- Infrequent light physical effort is required
Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret complex data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks with constant interruptions.
- Regularly requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy when interacting with those encountered in the course of work, at times when frustration due to immediate challenges could occur.
- Work is primarily performed in a food manufacturing plant
- English is the primary language; training materials are written in English. For individuals who do not speak English as their primary language, translation will be provided.
Interested in joining our team? Email your resumé. Don’t have a resumé? Call (802) 482-4888 or submit our form. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.