Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k — Mon-Fri
At Vermont Smoke & Cure, we've been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats using simple ingredients since 1962. Our members make everything right here in our Smokehouse in the hills of Vermont. We pride ourselves in making delicious meat sticks with the finest flavor in every bite. Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
The Senior Director of Sales is responsible to develop sales strategies and tactics for assigned region and the sales team to retain customers, expands business channels, and grow existing business within assigned region. Conducts territory analysis, including competitive activity, to ensure optimal pricing and positioning. Build strong account relationships by providing excellent customer service.
|Job Type:||Full-Time, Travel Required|
Flexibility for weekend travel
|Reports To:||Commercial Business Lead|
|Manages:||3-5 Sales Reps|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
- Lead the development and organizational alignment of the largest accounts at Vermont Smoke & Cure
- Own the strategy, development, and execution of both national and regional strategic annual plans
- Develop sales strategies and tactics to ensure that established revenue and profit goals are met.
- Manage and direct a team of Field Sales Managers through frequent feedback, annual review, and development planning.
- Establish sales goals and monitor achievement. Collaborate with the team to share best practices and innovative sales initiatives.
- Gain new distribution at retail stores within geography, leveraging distributor/broker “ride-alongs”, sales tools, product education, samples, and coupons.
- Grow existing business by identifying and pursuing new points of distribution, shelving, and merchandising at convenience stores, grocery chains, independents, natural and specialty food stores, and major national accounts.
- Provide excellent customer service to assigned accounts, anticipating, or responding to customer requests quickly and professionally.
- Define what great looks like for sales and market share growth targets while collaborating with insights partners
- Create and partner with key customer departments for innovation incubation and product launches
- Impact national pricing trends through customer collaboration and internal pricing teams helping define annual pricing strategies influenced by market pressures
- Develop and build relationships throughout the organizations, including but not limited to Category Managers, Buyers, Ecomm teams and Executives at all levels
- Create innovative programs and promotions that drive trial and awareness
- Execute new item and innovation initiatives that achieve distribution objectives
- Have P & L responsibility for all assigned accounts
- Gain, solidify, and maintain distribution across all Vermont Smoke & Cure categories
- Develop and manage Broker relationships
- Use fact-based selling and strategic planning that results in market share growth
- Complete territory analysis and competitive research
- Report on growth, expansion, or closing of doors in assigned territory.
- Visit retailers who are not customers to observe and report on competitive displays and pricing.
- 6-9 Years of sales experience; food or CPG experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience building new and existing relationships with key customers required including those above the buyer level
- Proven experience substantially building a business with P&L responsibility and Trade Promotion Management experience
- Experience with syndicated data (Nielsen or IRI, Retail Link, 84.51-Kroger Data, Consumer Insights, etc.) required
- Experience with shopper marketing or other marketing background a plus
- Broker Management experience required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Undergraduate degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.
If you have the right to work, don’t let anyone take it away. (English/español)