Location: Hinesburg, VT
We are growing! At Vermont Smoke & Cure, a subsidiary of Johnsonville, we've been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats using simple ingredients since 1962. Our members make everything right here in our Smokehouse in the hills of Vermont. The beauty is - it all combines to create the finest flavor in every bite. Our growth requires quality-minded, productive, engaged, and reliable people to join our staff.
SUMMARY: This position will build a foundation of experience in supply chain management and operations within a growing section of our commerce business.
COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to uphold safety standards, participate in continuous process improvement on the job, and follow our manufacturing best practices
- Detail-oriented, energetic, positive, self-directed
- Able to juggle and prioritize multiple priorities
- Experienced with creating and improving systems
- Ability to write and type in a coherent, organizedand accurate manner with accurate spelling, capitalization and punctuation
- Basic math skills are required
- Ability to drive a forklift safely to move materials (recommended)
- Ability to keep work areas organized and have an acute attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Maintain strong working relationshipsand communications with internal and external partners
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, constantly evolving environment
- Help the team with process improvement and development of better inventory control, materials movement, packaging work order creation and processing. Proactively report product and material availability issues.
- MS Office: Word and Excel basic experience or ability to learn.
- Ability to work within HACCP program and Quality Management System.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General and specific responsibilities for Vermont Smoke and Cure Safety, Food Safety and Quality systems and programs.
- Pick and pack products and materials as needed.
- Inventory cycle counts maintain cooler and warehouse in neat and organized fashion and adhere to First-In, First-Out (FIFO) principle.
- Learn to support Commercial and raw receiving.
- Receive and distribute items as they arrive, carrying out GMP requirements consistently.
- Incoming Receiving - meet the trucks, unload, inspect product, count, sort and properly store product and materials.
- Pull product for orders.
- Complete inspection forms for incoming receiving and outgoing shipping.
- Provide coverage in the absence of team members in both shipping and production.
- Consistently follow policies and standard operating procedures.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to become certified to use a forklift
- Ability to constantly lift (30-60 pounds), bend, stretch and stand during entire shift; frequently kneel, squat, and stoop, twist and reach overhead with repetitive motions
- Work in 38-degree F and possibly a wet environment
- Visual ability to discern quality and cleanliness
- Ability to follow food safety and workplace safety requirements
- Valid driver's license and ability to get to and from work
Reports to: Supply Chain Leader; no supervisory responsibilities
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard hours of work are 8:00am to 4:30pm - Monday to Friday - With ability to work overtime if needed.
Interested in joining our team? Click here to send us an email with your resume. Don't have a resume? No problem - just tell a little about yourself in the email. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!