Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k - Friday-Sunday Needed
About Vermont Smoke & Cure
At Vermont Smoke & Cure, we've been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats using simple ingredients since 1962. Our members make everything right here in our Smokehouse in the hills of Vermont. We pride ourselves in making delicious meat sticks with the finest flavor in every bite. Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
Work as part of a team to prepare, cook, package, and ship goods. As part of this team, you will operate machinery, follow food safety and quality protocols, complete paperwork for operations and quality. Additional details below.
|Shifts:||Night & Overnight|
|Reports To:||Production Supervisor|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
- Cooks product in the smokehouse, carefully monitoring temperature and conditions.
- Records and documents Critical Control Points (CCPs) to ensure product meets quality plan.
- Moves racks of stuffed product from the smokehouse to coolers.
- Controls the fermentation process by adding steam and heat to get correct PH throughout the cooking/smoking process.
- High School degree or equivalent preferred
- Experience working in a production environment, ideally with food or involving mechanical equipment is preferred
- Pays attention and strives to meet quality standards efficiently
- Strong work ethic and reliable
- Team player, building trusting relationships with team members
Interested in joining our team? Email your resumé. Don’t have a resumé? Call (802) 482-4888 or submit our form. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.
If you have the right to work, don’t let anyone take it away. (English/español)