Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
Join the Vermont Smoke & Cure team as a Sanitation member! We are looking for someone with an eye for detail who is focused on maintaining cleanliness in our facility. Sanitation Team Members are responsible for completing routine cleaning and sanitation tasks for all necessary equipment and machinery. Duties include sanitizing surfaces, handling waste disposal, and adhering to safety protocols.
|Shifts:||Monday - Thursday or Friday - Sunday|
|Reports To:||Quality Assurance Manager|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
- Clean and sanitize processing utensils, equipment, and interiors of production areas.
- Disassemble, clean, and sanitize any required equipment using established procedures.
- Operate cleaning and sanitizing equipment to ensure cleanliness of equipment and work areas. This includes the use of foamers, pressure washer and hoses, walk behind floor scrubber, etc.
- Mix and/or use chemicals of proper concentrations to ensure effective cleaning/sanitizing of equipment and areas.
- Clean common areas, restrooms, locker rooms, and dressing rooms.
- Empty waste bins/ barrels and transport trash and waste to disposal area.
- Follow quality management standards, policies, and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior experience working in sanitation, ideally with food or involving mechanical equipment is preferred.
- Conscientious – pays attention and strives to meet quality standards efficiently.
- Strong work ethic and reliable.
- Team player, building trusting relationships with team members.
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full time position. Standard hours of work are 3:30pm to 2:00am Monday through Thursday, but the position is on call and could be called back to the plant during off-duty hours. Flexibility for evenings and weekends, with at least a half-weekend day every other weekend.
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.