Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k — Mon-Thu & Fri-Sun Schedules
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
Works as part of a team to execute the assigned department’s processes to either prepare, cook, or package goods. Operates department-specific machinery and protocols in a safe and accurate manner to produce high quality product with minimal waste. Takes direction from the Department Lead/Production Supervisor, follows safety protocols, and contributes process improvement ideas.
|Shifts:||Day, Night & Overnight|
|Reports To:||Production Supervisor|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
You Get to...
- Develop and hone your skill set
- Manufacture great tasting products enjoyed by millions around the world
- Be accountable for creating ideas, owning projects, and leading others.
Major Job Responsibilities:
Learn and follow Safe Quality Food (SQF) Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), personnel safety and business guidelines.
- General and specific responsibilities for Vermont Smoke and Cure Food Safety and Food Quality Systems and Programs.
- Put on “Hold” non-conforming product and equipment.
- Learn/follow QMS standards, policies and procedures.
- Completes department-specific paperwork for operations and quality.
- Follow QMS standards, policies, and procedures.
- Operates machinery to grind, mix, and stuff product.
- Utilizes scale and measuring tools to measure, weigh, and add spices; makes kits of spices according to product requirements.
- Makes Summer Sausage by operating the Grinder, Stuffer, and clipping System.
- Operates Depal machine to inspect, cut to proper size and weight; operates walk-behind forklift to move material.
- Operates Grinder and Mixer to grind and mix approximately 400 pounds of product at a time, adds spices and blends.
- Operates Stuffer to stuff product into casing.
High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience working in a production environment, ideally with food or involving mechanical equipment is preferred
- Conscientious – pays attention and strives to meet quality standards efficiently
- Strong work ethic and reliable
- Team player, building trusting relationships with team members
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a satisfactory level. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The mental and physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit, bend, stretch, stand or walk for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly bend and lift up to 30-75 lbs. repeatedly
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Regularly required to talk and hear
- Regularly required to visually observe objects up close and at a distance
- Regularly requires hands to handle or feel and finger dexterity
- Ability to work in 38° Fahrenheit temperature and wet environment
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions.
- Regularly required to move heavy racking on rollers containing upwards of 1,000 pounds of product out of warm ovens, on and off scales and into cold chillers
- Regularly required to use written and oral communication skills
- Learn and apply new information or skills
- Regularly required to demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy when interacting with the team
- Ability to visually discern quality and cleanliness and follow food/workplace safety requirements
- Work is primarily performed in a manufacturing plant
- English is the primary language; training materials are written in English. For individuals who do not speak English as their primary language, translation will be provided.
Interested in joining our team? Email your resumé. Don’t have a resumé? Call (802) 482-4888 or submit our form. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.