At Vermont Smoke & Cure, we've been consciously crafting delicious smoked meats using simple ingredients since 1962. Our members make everything right here in our Smokehouse in the hills of Vermont. We pride ourselves in making delicious meat sticks with the finest flavor in every bite. Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
Looking to start your career in sales? Love meeting new people and building relationships?
Vermont Smoke and Cure is seeking a Field Sales Intern to continue brand awareness by building relationships with existing and prospected distribution locations. Work with locations to expand product selection, educate buyers and consumers, and merchandise for “best-shelf”. Expected to work 20 to 30 hours per week with flexible scheduling. Interest in sales is a must!
|Shifts:||Day, Night & Overnight|
|Reports To:||VP of Sales|
Why This is a Great Job...
- Working toward degree in business, marketing, or related field preferred
- Prior experience in sales, retail or merchandising preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to travel, mostly for day trips around Vermont, New Hampshire, Upstate NY, and Massachusetts
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Strong presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers.
- Available to work some weekend or evenings during special promotions or customer events.
Interested in joining our team? Email your resumé. Don’t have a resumé? Call (802) 482-4888 or submit our form. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.