Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k — Mon - Fri
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
The sanitation team is seeking a Supervisor to work with our team to drive goal alignment. The ideal match will be someone who has a strong attention to detail, prior experience leading a team and a superb work ethic.
The Sanitation Supervisor will be responsible for ensuring that Vermont Smoke and Cure cleaning policies are followed, perform daily sanitation inspections, and oversee the duties of the sanitation crew. This individual will be working along the sides of the sanitation crew. The Sanitation Supervisor will report directly to the QA Manager. Duties include but are not limited to:
This position’s primary work shift will be Monday through Friday starting at 3:30pm. NOTE: Schedule flexibility is a must to work with members on all shifts and attend meetings.
|Shifts:||Mon - Friday|
|Reports To:||QA Manager|
|401k *with company match||Dental insurance|
|Disability insurance||Flexible spending account|
|Health insurance||Paid time off|
Why This is a Great Job...
Lead a team of sanitation technicians.
- Coordinate and track cleaning routines
- Evaluate staffing needs and schedule staff as needed.
- Manage the Master Sanitation Schedule.
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding, and training.
- Ensure compliance to sanitation metrics and targeted goals.
- Prioritize and assign daily sanitation tasks.
- Ensure all scheduled cleaning processes are completed correctly, legibly and in a timely manner
- Ensure sanitation chemicals, supplies, and tools are stocked and available
- Assists in maintaining Master Sanitation Schedule in an "audit ready” state
- Complete all required quality and food safety training.
- Make recommendations for improvements to the Sanitation Program, Environmental Program, Pest Control
Work along-side the team.
- Clean and sanitize processing equipment and production areas.
- Disassemble, clean and sanitize equipment.
- Mix and/or use chemicals of proper concentrations.
- Clean common areas, restrooms, and locker rooms.
- Follow food safety and general safety standards, policies and procedures.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Experience with working in a manufacturing environment, preferably with food manufacturing.
- Speak, read, and write English with proficiency
- Prior experience leading a team
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer proficient with experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Prior experience working in sanitation, ideally with food and/or manufacturing equipment
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience.
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full time position. Standard starting time is 3:30pm Monday through Friday, but the position is on call and could be called back to the plant during off-duty hours. Flexibility for evenings and weekends, with at least a half-weekend day every other weekend.
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.