Competitive Pay and Great Benefits, Including Paid Time Off, Healthcare & 401k
Our team members are the heart of our organization, and we are proud to work with quality-minded, neighborly, respectful people who do things The Vermont Way.
Vermont Smoke & Cure is seeking a full-time Senior Maintenance Technician to join our team! This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the facility, layout, and machinery runs to their maximum efficiency and output. This includes total preventative maintenance, managing breakdowns of mechanical, electrical, and robotic equipment and may include training and assessing of other technicians and apprentices.
The Senior Maintenance Technician is responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing equipment to ensure that production efficiency can be achieved within a safe and accessible facility. They respond to technical issues affecting production and maintain electrical and mechanical services through Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM). They are also responsible for multiple complex projects requiring innovative solutions where results are key to successful completion.
|401k *with company match
|Flexible spending account
|Paid time off
Why This is a Great Job...
- Diagnose causes of electrical, mechanical malfunction, failure of equipment, system repairs and replace defective components.
- Operates mechanical tools and equipment, as required, to fabricate and repair industrial parts and equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical programs and perform root cause analysis in partnership with operations to solve problems and make improvements.
- Provide basic support for start-up of new equipment to ensure it meets all mechanical design specifications.
- Interpret and revise loop sheets, electrical schematics, P&ID’s, I/O wiring and panel drawings.
- Respond to site equipment and process alarms, troubleshoot and make effective repairs.
- Prepare and complete written communications in compliance with all cGMP requirements.
- Provides leadership and training to maintenance technicians.
- Works closely with vendor’s new/old equipment creating standard work, preventative, autonomous, predictive and reliability programs - as well as ordering parts when/if needed.
- Drives adherence to and awareness of safety standards in all processes and practices.
- Ensures the Food Safety and Quality standards are consistently maintained.
- May be called upon to supervise and / or assist contractors and technical specialists, to ensure that these contractors are following VSC safety and SQF requirements.
- Monitor the progress of other Maintenance Technicians as they work through equipment challenges.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems on manufacturing equipment, including controls and PLC’s.
- All other duties as assigned and directed.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience required.
- Prior experience working in machine manufacturing preferred.
- Prior experience working with mechanical, electrical and chemical systems.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Technical College degree in a related field preferred
- Understanding and application of Lean and other process engineering and maintenance management disciplines
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Strong communication skills
- Strong process management skills
- Conscientious – pays attention and strives to meet quality standards efficiently
- Strong work ethic and reliable
- Team player, building trusting relationships with team members
Interested in joining our team? Email your resumé. Don’t have a resumé? Call (802) 482-4888 or submit our form. Someone from our hiring department will be in contact shortly!
Vermont Smoke & Cure is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Vet/Disability. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. Additionally, Vermont Smoke & Cure values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.
VSC offers reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If you need assistance during the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, please contact VSC at 802-482-4666.